Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday, July 10

Hey guys~! I miss you so much! Last week we rafted the Nile which was amazing...a true example of the power and grace of God. How the river is so strong that it pulls you under when your raft flips but then it pushes you out. Our boat flipped 2 times! We made it in the boat through 2 class 5 rapids but on the 3rd one we flipped out and I was under for a bit (like 7 seconds). I finally popped up after feeling like I was under for forever and Kyle was pulling me up by my life jacket and telling me to stop freaking out ...my knight in swimming armor haha! Man I love that boy! Then we went to a Hindu temple back in Nairobi which was so strange because these people were worshipping these manequins like you find at JCPenney. It was interesting to see but so very, very sad. I have Meru girls who are 14 at camp this week. We went rock climbing Tuesday and I "belayed" for my first time ever. Today we did high ropes which was pretty sweet. Kyle is with Kili (one of the other counslers) so he's been gone since Monday climbing Mt. Satima with his kids. He gets back tonight...I can't wait!
I'm feeling good - have had the sniffles for a few days but overall I'm healthy. Western was a great experience…took a bath from a small basin filled with boiled well water. haha it was interesting! That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! Gosh I can't beleive you're really doing all of this amazing stuff! I'm so proud to say that you are my friend! You are one amazing person. Thank you for everything you're doing. I'm glad to hear that you and Kyle are doing well! That makes me happy! :)We all miss you here at the bank and can't wait for your return!! And I especially miss my Jenger! :p Until then....you're in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete