Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29

Hey everybody! Last week I was in western. I stayed with a family there - a pastor and his wife and their 6 kids. It was great. We basically ate the same thing at every meal (chicken and chipote). During the first 3 days we went to 2 schools and a market to plant trees, then on the 4th day we went rock climbing and then went to play soccer against a school here in Kenya. It was crazy. Yesterday we went to church that lasted 3.5 hours and man the Holy Spirit was alive in that mud hut. This morning we traveled 3 hours across the border into Uganda. Currently I am sitting on the top of this hill directly above THE NILE! Tomorrow we raft. Prayers should def be thrown up because I am pretty nervous! I'm not a great swimmer and I can't hold my breath very long so pray that the Holy Spirit would just give me breath upon breath. Everything is going great! I have been blessed to not have been sick at all. Kyle has a little cold or something but nothing bad from the food. I think we are going to go swim in the Nile tonight. God was doing some awesome work this past week. Pray that the trees we planted and the words we planted will grow strong in the people of Kenya. Praise that we have all made it into week 6! Craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment