Tuesday, August 4, 2009

so...i'm back

wow.. where to begin. there is so much that was done this summer!
initial thoughts. as always, when you come back from a mission trip or experience like mine people ask "how was it". and i have dealt with the inner conflict of how to answer that. because "good" or "amazing" or "so wonderful" just doesn't even begin to grasp the work that was done. i want to tell every person, every story and show them every picture. but yet... i have to realize that some people just want the "good" "amazing" or "so wonderful" and I need to be ok with that. But here is the answer that i have formulated that i think will either create a desire in you to ask more or atleast give me the peace that it wasn't about me and how i enjoyed it but that it was about Christ and how His presence was upon this summer... "how was it?" to which i respond "the kingdom was absolutely impacted."
as far as culture shock coming back. I dont' think i have ever really experienced that. I come back with a better understanding of what is necessary. I have come back knowing that I am so grateful for ministries like brackenhurst... talk about building up disciples. I always have such a greater for the life I have. This time I have come back with such a greater appreciation for the family I have. I can't tell you the joy I had finally getting off my last plane ride in Reno, NV and seeing my mom and dad and brother. man it was SO good. yes...there were tears.
The camps theme this year was "New" and it was based off of the 2 Corinthians 5:17 "therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. the old has gone the new has come." It was so great really starting to apply that to my life. And really becoming new. I feel like that is what the Lord has been putting upon me this last year. Lots of newness. Molding me into His original design. I have seen the mighty hand of God and the power behind it this summer. I have seen the way He stirs and latches on to hearts. How he awakens curiosity in the non-believer. How there is without a doubt a God who abundantly love and that there is NOTHING that we can do that will make Him, creator of the world, stop loving us, small and weak humans.
There was a song that was sort of our theme song for camp this year:

My soul longs for you
My soul longs for you
Nothing else will do
Nothing else will do
And I believe that you will come
Like the rain
I believe that you will come
Like the rain
Hallelujah, Hallulujah
You make all things new, all things new
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
You make all things new, all things new
-Misty edwards

That song just grabbed hold of my heart this summmer... because within it's simplicity you can bring all that you have before this great and loving Master and He listens and he Love and He actually cares about you and desires your heart more than anything else in this entire world! He says "if you screwed up... come to me, let me fix it. let me make it better. but you need to come"

I have realized how huge God is and how he is to be loved and feared all at the same time.

I made so many honest and true relationships this summer. because being around 25 people for 10 straight weeks especially in the conditions we were in... allowed for genuine bonds to form. We had no obligations of expectations for each other, we were all just our real selves. and hoenstly it was so wonderful to all grow and be searching for our identity in Christ together,. I just shout out to the whole team when i say how amazing they are and how honored I am that Gojd allowed me to share such a wonderful experience with them.

This is where I plug Brackenhurst. help is absolutely needed. If you are in college I would love to talk to you about serving as a counselor at camp blue sky. they are in desperate need of camp counselors and are always on the look out. If you have any interest at all in serving there next sumnmer please please please come talk to me and I would love to tell you more about this amazing opportunity. The ministry is also in need of funding. If you are interested in making donations to brackenhurst ministires to assist in it's growth and the impact that it is having in kenya please please please come talk to me and I would love to tell you how to do that.

THere is a site called www.goodsearch.com which is your everyday search engine like google excpet that you select a charity and then every time you search some amoutn of money goes to that charity. I would love for you to choose Brackenhurst Ministries as your charity. But if you have another charity in mind that's cool too.

there is also www.goodstore.com and check out things you can purchase like textbooks or tickets or other things that also give money to charities.

So the plan is to have a big open house sort of shindig so i can share all my pics and stories with you when i get home so be watching out for details.

And lastly, thanks again. I feel like I should show more or say more as far as gratitude but it would keep going and going. because you truly impacted the kingdom. and you impacted my life. so thank you. i am eternally grateful to each of you for you true example of the love of Christ.

love love love
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment